How Do Tech Trends Affect the Software You Will Build?
The current test of many brands is their ability to be flexible in a volatile market. This is something that you can consider when your company wants to build software, always with an eye on strengthening your business model. Because the market is fluid, the requirements of an app will look different now when compared with what they might look like six months or twelve months from now. An app should place your company on the cutting edge of technology while achieving maximum productivity. Your company must decide between building your software application and finding a subscription to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to meet your company’s needs. In this post, we look at 6 important trends in tech that could affect your company and your current plans to build a new business application:
- Cloud computing will grow as a global market to be worth more billions of dollars, even upwards of $146 billion (as opposed to $87 billion in 2015).Experts predict that regional cloud computing providers will provide more competition to the biggest providers such as Google. They will satisfy the needs of niche businesses that the giants don’t. If you will build an app that will require much data usage and recovery options, consider the data costs that will be associated with the proposed app. Will it be built to a scale that your company can afford to support?
- Hyperconverged infrastructure systems will become more common, which enables businesses to benefit from streamlined cloud integration models. “HCI gives a single vendor the ability to integrate resources including computing, networking, storage, and virtualization technologies into a unified system.”If your app will change your entire business model, look at how your other business systems will interact with it and how you can integrate them into the cloud.
- Companies will need a better energy strategy to respond to trends in business. This is important because of the ways that consumers make judgments about companies based on their relationships with the environment and their corporate social responsibility programs, as well as how they respond to global climate regulation. Even if your company is not a multi-billion dollar operation, you can choose cloud computing providers that are using energy-efficient strategies to operate their data centers, wherever those may be located in the world.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) stands to take over more jobs that were previously performed by humans.In the IT industry, the people like us who work on hardware and software systems are not necessarily in trouble. We just have to stay on top of our industry in terms of acquiring new IT skills, so that we’re still qualified to service the applications that business clients want. There is a trend towards replacing more than blue-collar jobs, including occupations such as paralegals and customer service representatives. Reliable managed IT services will become more important for companies that use automated systems to perform services like these.
- Knowledge workers will be responsible for overseeing the functions of more systems because of the increased use of artificial intelligence (robots and automation). The indirect implication for businesses without knowledgeable IT partners is that they won’t get the best protection for their computer systems and backup systems if they go with the lowest bidder or the latest entrant to the market. Companies may need to hire a person inside their firm who works full-time in collaboration with their managed IT services vendor, especially to address on-site problems.
- The importance of IT security in the age of cyberthreats will become an early consideration in the development of new tech projects.We live in a world where every computer system and software application benefits from multiple layers of security. Companies will want to utilize behavior analytics dashboards to analyze the decision-making patterns of humans and robots.
Before you make any changes to your existing IT infrastructure or tackle development of a new project, be sure of the value that you are currently receiving from your vendor. It’s easy to upgrade to more services and to believe that your company will have completed a digital transformation, but this is truly achieved in stages after a strategic analysis by your technology officer.